When I turned 40 I experienced what I call a “mini breakdown” defined that way because I could not function … I couldn’t work or parenting was hard but again I attributed much of this to the fact that for almost a year I was experiencing terrible anxiety and panic attacks whereby I was treated for the same and would try one anxiety med after another. Thankfully I ended up with a great Psychiatrist who immediately realized that I had just blown a lid to a major depression, masked completely as anxiety. I got on Effexor and did almost 3-1/2 weeks in an intensive outpatient program but then, again, returned to be what I considered to be a normal, highly functioning adult. Although I was trying to bring some balance into my life.
- Daily Journal – As outspoken as I am why is it so hard to just say NO
- My Daily Journal – 3/9/13 My Healing Journey is like a Board Game
- My Daily Journal – There are no Coincidences, Everything Happens for a Reason
- My Daily Journal – Exhaustion and Lack of Sleep – From Dark to Darker
- My Daily Journal – It’s been a very dark couple of days