Probably around the age of 30, while in marriage counseling, I started to become aware of some pretty unhealthy relationship patterns and was introduced to the word “dysfunctional”. It did not save the marriage but at that point I did embark on a 10 year journey of counseling working to understand more of my dysfunctional habits and learn healthy ones for practice. This was also true of my parenting. Because I basically was emotionally abandoned and also became a caretaker at such a young age, I carried these into my parenting by always trying to “fix things”. Not realizing that at a certain age that it is thru a child’s own discovery of attempts and failures that they develop confidence in their abilities.
- Daily Journal – As outspoken as I am why is it so hard to just say NO
- My Daily Journal – 3/9/13 My Healing Journey is like a Board Game
- My Daily Journal – There are no Coincidences, Everything Happens for a Reason
- My Daily Journal – Exhaustion and Lack of Sleep – From Dark to Darker
- My Daily Journal – It’s been a very dark couple of days