In 2008, at age 50, my life was turned upside down and inside out with diagnosis of Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as a result of childhood trauma endured as a result of events/experiences with my Mother who was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia when I was age 2. I am past the stage of shock and denial although at times I am still mystified because on a conscious level I still believe and feel that I am at peace with my childhood and my Mother who died in 2004 from suicide. However, with my body in a constant state of hyper vigilance and a minimum anxiety level of 4, along with loss of job, loss of friends, and very limited to what I can and cannot do I can no longer deny that I do indeed suffer from C-PTSD. I believe in the power of support and hope to connect with others to share experiences, ideas for recovery, etc. as we make this journey.
- Daily Journal – As outspoken as I am why is it so hard to just say NO
- My Daily Journal – 3/9/13 My Healing Journey is like a Board Game
- My Daily Journal – There are no Coincidences, Everything Happens for a Reason
- My Daily Journal – Exhaustion and Lack of Sleep – From Dark to Darker
- My Daily Journal – It’s been a very dark couple of days